That's all I can say to describe this morning's service.
Bro. Eddy preached on "The Power of Passionate Desire".
It was amazing. To say the least.
I took notes... for a little while anyway, then I got too into it.
I'll share with you the notes I took:
The text he read was Proverbs 13:12,19
verse 12: Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
verse 19: The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul: but it is abomination to fools to depart to evil.
- Desire: a longing (an emotion or excitement of mind linked to faith)
- Desire is always linked with possession. It will push you until you have whatever it is you desire.
- Desire is not wishing, it is an earnest longing for something.
- Desire- Internal act which influences our will that makes us proceed to action
- Give God EVERYTHING you are!!!
- Desire will cause us to separate ourselves!
- If there's no desire, there will be no prize!
- Desire will overcome every circumstance!
- If there's no desire, you're wasting your time!
- God will take the thing(s) you love most so you will love Him more!!
That's not many notes. And they don't even come close to showing what an amazing message the Lord gave us this morning. But I'm gonna elaborate a little bit on them.
This is what I got out of this message, the way it spoke to me.
We must have that burning desire in us to long after God.
To strive to be closer and closer to Him.
To never have enough of him.
No matter what God asks of us, we must be willing to give. We must focus all our energy and passion on Him. We must step up to the plate God has called us to and let the devil know we're not gonna strike out! We must be obedient to God. No matter what!
1 Peter 2:9 says "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."
God has been using this verse to really deal with me about being different for Him. Not caring what other people think. He called us to be a peculiar people and stand out for Him. Other people's opinions don't matter. In the end His opinion is what is gonna make or break us. Obedience is the key to our blessing. God has plan for every life He created. He will use each person to make a difference. If God places something on our heart, He did it so we could share it with someone else and be a light in their life. You never know what someone else is going through, what God laid on your heart may be exactly what they need to hear to get to their breakthrough point.
What do you desire???