Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Prayer

"I can pray, until the walls fall down, until there's healing all around, that's something I can do"


I went to Gold Leaf Church of God tonight in Satsuma, AL. It was a great service. The pastor preached on prayer and its importance in our lives. How we have to pray until our flesh and carnal minds are gone and we're completely in the spirit. It really got me thinking...


How much more effective could we, could I, be if we all really got down to business with God? How much closer could we get if we just tried a little?? 

God wants to give us so much. He wants to pour his blessing out on us and give us all that we desire. And He would, if we would give Him to opportunity. So many of us are so worried about what others think and what others expect of us that we forget what GOD thinks and what HE expects and demands of us. If we would all focus on prayer and hearing from God we would see the true meaning of revival.

I know I don't ever want to go with Him by my side. I don't ever want to forget what He has done for me and where He brought me from. And I sure don't ever want to quit praying!

The moment we quit praying is the moment the devil comes in starts trying to attack us and pull us down. We must always stayed prayed up and on FIRE for the LORD. 

It takes more than just one little simple, "now I lay me down to sleep" type prayer. It takes really PRAYING. Putting your all into it. Showing God that you mean business, that you are not leaving until He blesses you. Getting the desire from Him. And staying there for a while. Tarrying. Not leaving until our cups are overflowing with power

So many people get stuck in the routine of saying one short little prayer and gettin gup and moving on. Not even giving God time to move. 

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." -Isaiah 40:31

No comments: