Monday, July 12, 2010

Desires

So, it's been a while since my last blog.
I think in the last one I was just getting home from senior youth camp..
Since then, I have been to junior youth camp and kids camp.

God is really working in my life right now, and He's really changing some things.
I'm beginning to learn what it means to be truly dedicated to Him.
It means I have to give things that I very deeply want to hang on to, and I have to change my desires to His desire. It's a tough lesson to learn. I'm still trying to completely learn it.

My one desire has always been to be married and have a family. That's all I've ever wanted out of life. But God has showed me that it's not about that. It's about living my life for Him and fulfilling the call He has placed on my life. Once I do that and completely focus on Him, then if it's His will, He will bless me with my desires


Pslam 37:4-5 Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Now I just have to make sure my desires are His desires.

So that's what's going on now..

I'm trying to grow in Him. It's a daily struggle... but if there were no struggle what would be the point? It would mean nothing to God if we didn't give things up to be closer to Him.

Above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

No comments: